Hello everyone. Thank you for joining us in today’s discussion How to overcome Boredom. Before I proceed, I am your friend, sister and Counsellor Rita. I have here with me some phenomenal members of Think Counseling Concept Team.
What is Boredom?
Bore means to be tired, weary as a result of doing tedious work repeatedly. It is also dullness, vex, trouble or annoy.
Boredom is a state of being bored or tired. It is a state of confusion, emptiness because one do not know what to do. Psychologically, boredom is a complex mental and emotional state, thought or feeling of loneliness, abandonment, pains or fear that lead to frustration, stress, depression.
How else can we describe boredom, especially in time like this – lockdown in the world?
- Uncomfortable and unease with idleness or uninteresting activity
- Boredom is having nothing to do. Or feeling that life is not fun.
- The state of feeling disinterested in one’s surroundings, having nothing to do or feeling that life is dull.
- One can become bored with monotonous activity. Yes, continuing doing the same thing without motivation or change or creativity.
Looking at all the definition of boredom, we find out that everyone has experienced this state one way or the other. But, we are here to disrupt your mindset a little, there are many people that have master over boredom to the point that boredom does not exist in their lives. How? Because they have discovered who they truly are. That they are created and fashioned to create new ways of doing things, new ideas, solves challenges and serve humanity. They know that their minds were not made to keep doing the same thing over and over again without adding, subtracting, dividing or multiplying the ideas. When you allow your mind to be empty without thinking positively of adding values to your life and that of others, the negativity around our environment will set in and will make us feel tired at home, school, office, relationship, business, even, with our life. Think about that.
Let me quote one of my Coaches, “boredom is an absent of creative ideas.” I think he is correct because it’s a thought or feeling that make us bored, which means we may choose not to feel or think bore. Think about that as we continue.
What causes boredom?
- Lack of self-motivation
- Lack of productive activities
- Lack of self-discovery
- Lack of meditation, relaxation/good sleep and positive self-talk
- What else’s causes boredom?
- Being comfortable with mediocrity.
- Dara: Lack of planning
- Lack of having goals
- Health conditions
- Overestimation and under commitment causes boredom among many causes
- And lack of good relationship with the Holy Ghost too…
- High-handed control by supervisor call also bring boredom: When your Superior insist that you must carry out a task in own prescribed way
- Lack of positive attitude and approach to life. Inability to responsibility for your actions.
- To accepting responsibility for ones actions.
- Creative minds are developed when you hold yourself responsible for your actions. Accepting responsibility means finding a solution.
- Finding solutions means overcoming boredom
- Lack of daily programme.
- Lack of creativity.
- Lack of foresight.
- Absence of conducive environment.
- Lack of basic needs.
- Shifting blame to other people and factors
- When we don’t also see successes in laid-down plans, goals and vision, it can make us weary. That is, not seeing results in all your daily efforts towards a set goal, it can make you weary. Yes. It can be frustrating but that’s when you can take control of your mindset – to think positively or negatively. Because, there is always a way out.
How to stop being bored
1. Learn to be conscious of who you are. – a creative being, a solution provider, (follow think Counseling Concept and Rita Bassey YouTube channel)
2. Master your thoughts processing. Choose the way you think, perceives, talk and act on issues.
3. Keep or make new friends that positively add values to your life and you do same to him or her.
4. Learn to do things differently: new hobby, new project, rearrange your furniture, wardrobe, wash your car, transplant and water your flowers, paint, draw, programming, write stories of your day, etc
5. Walk out, exercise, enjoy the lonely moment by thinking positively, read good books, sing, dance, laugh, etc
6. Join volunteer services by helping people solve their challenges. Make someone happy, laugh and fulfilled each day.
7. Join Networking Marketing, there you meet with very interesting, focus and result-oriented people. You can join Norland company (ask me how privately).
8. Call or talk with someone that you can gist, talk, laugh or cry together that will not let you off the hook.
8. Learn the act of meditation. Watch impactful videos and listen to life-transforming Coach.
9. Talk to a counselor. Think Counseling Concept (TCC) platform is the right place to meet with seasoned professional Counselors.
Anytime the thought or feeling of boredom knock at the door of your mind, choose to enjoy the moment. Think about that.
- Socialize and learn something new
- Having a goal and working daily towards achieving it
- Getting busy with activities…
- Create daily, time table
- After morning prayer do some exercise
- Get some interesting books to read
- Very good – set daily achievable goals
- Self-discovery, goal setting and strict implementation, positive attitude to life.
- Work on your dreams.
- Revive all abandoned projects.
- Be optimistic and take the first step.
- Read, read and read.
- Associate with creative people.
- See the prospects and results of your project from the outset.
- One practical way to reduce boredom is exercise
- Faith + work = productivity. Productivity is a therapy for boredom
Today was a phenomenal experience, see you next time.