How to Overcome Ignorance and using it to our Advantage. Before we get to the how, let us come to the knowing.
What is Ignorance?
We often use this word every now and then. But, do we ever ask ourselves what ignorance really means?
Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. It is the condition of being ignorant in general or in relation to a particular subject. Ignorance, is also a state of being uneducated or uninformed.
My most favorite definition of ignorance is, a willful neglect or refusal of acquiring knowledge which one may acquire and it is his/her duty to have! Ignorance, is a state of being unaware or ignoring important information.
Permit me to add here that the society we find ourselves, our environment and people around us encourages us to remain in that “state of being unaware or ignoring important information” of ourselves, our belief system, our values, our abilities and our social interactions. This is very pitiful, because in our homes, religious centres, schools work places or community, we often frown at anyone that tries to know beyond the “known.” We often name-tagged them as “over sabi, ITK (I Too Know), show body, or him own too much… If such person insist in getting more information, some religious intolerance sects, group or family may threaten to ostracize, kill, deprive, hate or stigmatize the knowledge-seeking fellow.
When we accept the reality of the level of our ignorance, knowing what life on earth is, the more we know, the more we discover that there are a lot we do not know. We will be able to express our ignorance with joy, hope and faith without being shy, withdrawn, hateful, competitive, comparing or complaining. Being that we are a spirit-being and our spiritual DNA is perfect, excellent, all-knowing, powerful, very good – just like our Creator (mine is the Almighty God through Jesus Christ. Who do you believe on?) You can put yours there. You don’t have to be ignorant of who your Creator is, His love, mercy, salvation, judgment, power, abilities and values; because you are who your Creator is.
It is a phenomenal experience when you are able to define yourself by your belief system, values, goals, abilities and social interactions.
That is our area of expertise, the foundation of our personal development program/training. We help you to discover who you truly are, have and can be. But, you must be ready to acquire the knowledge that will enable you to gain self-mastery that leads to self-actualization.
How to Overcome Ignorance and use it to our Advantage?
Well, since time is our essential commodity, I will like to conclude today’s courageous discussions with How to Overcome Ignorance and use it to our Advantage.
For you to overcome ignorance and use it to your advantage you must first understand that it is not a wrong thing to be ignorant of areas of your life or discipline. But, it is a wrong thing to remain in ignorance even when opportunity shows itself for you to learn, change, create, innovate, invent and adapt positively. Therefore,
1. Accept that you are ignorant of what you do not know.
2. Let your ignorance help you to seek information and knowledge that can help you to transform your life. I am a living proof of this fact. That is what led to our NGO. And, I believe that personal development is for everyone. But, it can only work for any ready students (age, position, ethnicity, gender, skin colour and religion notwithstanding).
3. Learn to ask lead questions on areas you do not really understand. Confront your ignorance with an open and ready to learn mindset.
4. Seek to cease the opportunity to learn something that is really valuable to you and to humanity. Be intentional.
5. Celebrate, encourage and support the knowledge-seeking fellows.
6. Consult a Life-transforming Coach (Counsellor Rita and her team). Or, visit our website: www.thinkcounselingconcept.com